Kent Grinders Kent WM Series Column Traveling
Models: 510WM1/WM2 / 615WM1/WM2 / 620WM2/WM2 / 820-830WM1/WM2
3-Axis Mitsubishi PLC Control
- The column moves transversely only. This guarantees uniform contact between the column slide and the machine bed in any column position.
- Castings are made of high quality ribbed cast iron.
- X&Z slide ways are laminated with Turcite-B.
- The elevation guide ways (Y axis) are hardened and ground.
- The spindle is supported by P4 preloaded super precision angular contact ball bearings to guarantee a maximum 2 micron run out.
- Hydraulic system with a specially designed valve enables smooth table reversing with a 30meter/min table speed.
- Separate hydraulic unit and cooling device prevent temperature rise of hydraulic oil and permits easy maintenance.
- Standard hydraulic over-head wheel dresser.
- Automatic lubricating system to ensure smooth and long lasting operation in all 3-axes.
- Mitsubishi PLC will provide years of reliable and trouble-free operation.
- Modern 6- inch color LCD touch screen panel, simply touch the screen to set the grinding variables.
- Down feed mechanism is driven by an AC servomotor with grade C5 precision ball-screw, with minimum 0.001mm increment capacity.
- Manual Pulse Generator (MPG) is also provided for user’s convenience.
- The crossfeed travel is set by the push-button on the console; different crossfeed increments can be set for both rough and finish grinding.
- The control system will store the last grinding cycle in memory. Simply press the cycle start button to repeat the previous operation.
- Control also available in two axes.
- Sizes available from 20-32 inch by 40-80 inch.